US Sailing Safety at Sea Course Facts
US Sailing Safety at Sea Course Facts:
- Moderated and taught by experienced, lifelong sailors who include some of the top names in sailing and safety.
- Designed for sailors of all types and levels — cruisers and racers, novices and experts.
- Online courses developed with the support of Cruising Club of America and Storm Trysail Foundation.
- Appropriate for a wide range of boats — small, big, monohulls, multihulls (and powerboats, too) — that are sailed anywhere — near shore and offshore.
- Sanctioned with approved curriculum by US Sailing, with special attention to conditions and challenges of the host organization’s sailing area.
- More than 2,500 sailors attend safety courses around North America every year and many bring their families and crews.
- The certifications are good for five years from the date of issue.
- Coastal and Offshore are offered in either in-person or online format.
Learn more at https://www.ussailing.org/education/adult/safety-at-sea-courses/